IELTS Speaking topic Coffee and Tea là một trong những chủ đề thường xuất hiện trong các phần thi IELTS. Dù đây là chủ đề chúng ta thường hay bắt gặp nhất trong giao tiếp hằng ngày. Tuy nhiên, nhiều thí sinh vẫn chưa ghi điểm trọn vẹn hoàn toàn những câu hỏi liên quan khi thi Speaking IELTS. Chính vì vậy, bài viết hôm nay Aten English sẽ tổng hợp giúp bạn chuẩn bị kĩ từ vựng và cách trả lời cho những câu hỏi này. Hãy cùng tham khảo ngay nhé!
Một số từ vựng thường gặp chủ đề Coffee and Tea
Trước khi tham khảo một số câu hỏi và mẫu câu trả lời thường gặp về chủ đề IELTS Speaking topic Coffee and Tea. Bạn cần nắm một số từ vựng sau đây:
- (be) more of a (sb): là một người thế nào đó
- to get … fix: làm 1 liều
- to zone out: bị ngáo
- an accompaniment to/for something: đồ ăn/uống kèm
- de rigueur (adj) thông lệ
- to get all fancy: làm màu
- porcelain tea set (n) bộ ấm trà bằng sứ
- the whole nine yards (phrase) tất cả mọi thứ luôn
- drip coffee (n) cà phê phin
- freshly ground: mới xay; freshly roasted: mới rang
- stool (n) ghế nhỏ
- without fail (phrase) thế nào cũng, luôn luôn
Tham khảo: Một số bài mẫu hay về talk about your favorite sport ngắn
Mẫu câu trả lời cho các câu hỏi chủ đề Tea or Coffee trong part 1
Which do you prefer: Tea or Coffee?
- Definitely coffee, I’m a big coffee person. Simply because I can’t live without it. I drink a cup of coffee or two every day. It gets me going in the morning, keeping me awake. Without coffee, I don’t know if I can drag myself out of my home to go to work or not.
Which do you prepare for your guest at home? Tea or coffee?
- I guess this is just a matter of preference. But in Vietnam, most households usually have a teapot in their living room to welcome guests. That said, if a friend comes to my house and says he’d like a cup of coffee, I will make him one.
Do you go out for coffee?
- Yeah, sure! As I was saying, I’m a huge fan of coffee, and I’d like to brew fresh coffee for myself every morning. So I usually go out and buy coffee. Nothing really special, just a popular type of coffee that is sold everywhere in supermarkets in Vietnam.
Do your people in your country give tea or coffee as a gift?
- Honestly speaking, I’ve never bought coffee or tea as a gift for anyone, but my father does. Every once in a while, he would buy some premium coffee or tea to gift his friends. I guess this is a pretty good idea, I try to get someone some good coffee when it’s their birthday because I always have trouble thinking about what to buy for one’s birthday.
Is it popular to drink tea and coffee in your country?
- Absolutely yes! This might vary depending on certain regions. But drinking tea or coffee is kind of a norm in Vietnam. For myself, for instance, drinking coffee is part of my morning ritual. Hot coffee or tea is a really good way to kick-start your morning. Right?
When was the first time you tried coffee or tea?
- Wow! This is a tough question because I’ve been drinking these beverages for a long time, so long that I can’t remember when was the first time. I guess I’ve drunk coffee since I graduated from university and got my first job. I usually had to wake up very early in the morning to get to work. So I had no way but to drink coffee every day to stay awake.
When was the last time you drank tea or coffee?
- This morning, before going to this center to take the test haha. Yep, that’s my problem, I drink an awful lot of coffee. It’s not healthy, I know. But without that precious cup of joe, I don’t know if I have enough energy to do this or not.
Do you like drinking coffee (or tea) at home or at a coffee (tea) shop?
- Each has its own pros and cons, right? On the one hand, drinking coffee at home is convenient and costs less than buying coffee from a cafe. With that being said, I love going to coffee shops once in a while because I really enjoy the vibe there. People minding their own business, watching the sunrise while sipping coffee. Oh, nothing is better than that, right?
Why do some people dislike coffee (tea)?
- I guess because they have problems with caffeine. My mother, for example, struggles to go to sleep every night if on that day she drinks coffee or tea, even in the smallest amount. Others, on the other hand, might prefer to drink water, because they’re more conscious about their health.
Bài mẫu IELTS Speaking Part 2 chủ đề: Describe a cafe or tea you like to visit
Tham khảo ngay bài mẫu IELTS Speaking Part 2 chủ đề Describe a cafe or tea you like to visit?
I’ve been longing for a chance to talk about my favorite cafe, so this is definitely the perfect time. It would have to be The Highlands, a pretty well-known coffee shop in Ho Chi Mnh.
At the very first moment I came here, I already fell in love with this place. It is based in a villa near the old quarters of Ho Chi Minh. The classic nature of the villa has been modified a little bit, so we can feel a modern touch right from the doorstep. However, we can still sense the vintage vibe exuded from the color palette, the interior design and overall settings. Whether you take a seat inside, or in the backyard, it’s still possible for you to experience its exceptional beauty.
Just like any other cafe, The Highlands mainly serves tea, coffee and several kinds of baked goods and desserts, yet what makes it stand out from the others, is because of the freshness in each drink and dish they present to their customers. Whenever I come here, I always order an aloe vera coconut water, along with a small slice of banana bread, which is kind of refreshing and healthy to me.
The Highlands is not the type of coffee shop that plays upbeat music. Instead, it plays a familiar playlist of instrumental music, or world-famous classic songs at a fairly reasonable volume.
The cafe respects the personal space of each customer, therefore, it’s great to be here catching up with others or doing some personal stuff. I stop by The Highlands every month with my friends to either have casual talks or simply work and study. Sometimes, when we don’t feel like working or chatting, we will pick a good-looking corner to take photos of each other. The view, and the lighting here are pretty flattering, thus, our photos always look stunning.
All in all, The Highlands to me, is kinda where beauty meets tranquility and delicacy. Aside from its delectable menu, exceptional look and great music, I always value the welcoming attitude of the staff here. I just cannot ask for a better experience while I am at The Highlands.
Câu trả lời mẫu IELTS Speaking Part 3: Cafe and Tea
Để giúp bạn ghi điểm với ban giám khảo khi được hỏi về chủ Cafe and Tea. Sau đây là một số câu hỏi và mẫu câu trả lời hay bạn có thể ôn luyện thi IELTS Speaking tại nhà nhé!
What kinds of people like to go to a cafe?
Well, it actually depends. People of different ages may stop by a cafe for different purposes. Young adults appear to end up in coffee shops, especially those on trend with positive reviews, either to catch up with their close friends or to have some biz talks with their colleagues and counterparts. The older, however, have a tendency to pick a random local cafe nearby to spend the day, sipping their favorite drinks and confiding in their pals.
Young adults, especially those in their 20s, tend to spend a whole lot of time going to a cafe. While some consider it a perfect place to catch up with their close friends, others may stop by a cafe just to spend quality time for themselves, sipping their favorite drink. Whatever their particular interests/purposes are, they all may share the same demand for a place to get away from the burdens that they’ve got on their shoulders at work.
Why do young people like to hang out in coffee shops?
The young have a preference for hanging out in the cafe, probably not only for the coffee itself. Coffee shops normally possess eye-catching designs and well-decorated settings. Therefore, besides whetting customers’ appetite with a delectable menu full of tasty drinks, these are also spots of interest to a lot of youngsters, since they can make use of these venues for a wide range of entertainment purposes, having dates or taking selfies for example.
There is now even a popular hashtag on Tiktok sharing information about coffee shops so that young users can check out any place that catches their attention.
Do you think young people in Vietnam visit coffee shops more often than old people?
There has not been any confirmed information about the frequency of coffee shop visits by age range. However, as far as I am concerned, it seems that Vietnamese youngsters do visit these venues on a more regular basis than the old. In every coffee shop that I have been to, from the already renowned to the newly opened, it is obvious that young individuals account for the majority in the number of customers, probably since they have a lot more demands to fulfill when coming to the cafe rather than just enjoying the drink.
Trên đây là một số câu hỏi và mẫu câu trả lời hay về IELTS Speaking topic Coffee and Tea. Được tổng hợp trong tất cả các part 1, 2 và 3 một cách đầy đủ nhất. Hy vọng sẽ giúp ích cho bạn trong quá trình ôn luyện thi IELTS. Chúc bạn thành công!