Topic The area you live trong IELTS Speaking là một trong những topic chính rất hay bắt gặp trong Part 1 đề thi IELTS từ trước đến nay. Vậy làm thế nào để trả lời topic này một cách “ăn điểm” nhất? Hãy cùng Aten English tìm hiểu ngay trong bài viết sau đây nhé!
1. IELTS Speaking Part 1
Phần này của nhiệm vụ kéo dài khoảng bốn đến năm phút. Có ba đến bốn topic trong đó tổng cộng 12 câu hỏi. Trong topic đầu tiên, bạn sẽ được hỏi các chủ đề quen thuộc liên quan đến ngôi nhà, cơ quan hoặc việc học tập của bạn. Topic thứ hai và thứ ba sẽ ngẫu nhiên và có thể bao gồm các chủ đề như thời tiết, quần áo, sở thích, đồ ăn và thức uống, thể thao, hoa, thói quen hàng ngày, màu sắc, v.v.
Tham khảo: Mẹo nói trôi chảy khi thi Speaking IELTS
2. Topic The area you live trong IELTS Speaking Part 1
Q1. Do you like the area you live in?
Answer 1- I live in a village. It is a very peaceful area because it is located away from the city and the main road. All facilities like medical, bank, grocery stores, cloth shops and many more are available in my village.
- peaceful (adj): quiet and calm; not worried or upset in any way.
- grocery store (n): a shop that sells food and other things used in the home. In American English ‘grocery store’ is often used to mean ‘supermarket’.
Answer 2- Definitely, I love the area where I live because my hometown is first well developed for many reasons. All the modern facilities are available there, such as a cinema hall, advanced hospitals international schools. This is another factor that makes my hometown most preferable because it is situated in the heart of Hanoi. This is the most tranquil atmosphere.
- in the heart of = in the center of.
- tranquil (adj): quiet and peaceful.
Q2. How has your area changed recently?
Answer 1- Yes. it is slowly and progressively changing. There was no house when we constructed our house there. Nevertheless, now many new homes are built there and some are under construction. A new grocery shop opens in front of my house so. Now we don’t need to go to the city even for a small thing.
- progressively (adv): steadily and continuously.
- construct (v): to build or make something such as a road, building or machine.
- nevertheless (adv):despite something that you have just mentioned.
Answer 2- Few changes take place in my hometown recently. The first one is the sewerage system previously, every street has sweet canals, but now every street canal is replaced with an underground sewerage system. Another important thing is an international library that is recently developed in a college which is open for students, as well as the general public apart from this new three new parks, are also inaugurated just one month ago which enhance the popularity of my hometown up to the most.
- take place in (v): to happen.
- sewerage system (n): the system by which sewage is carried away from houses, factories, etc. and is cleaned and made safe by adding chemicals to it.
- canal (n): a long straight passage dug in the ground and filled with water for boats and ships to travel along; a smaller passage used for carrying water to fields, crops, etc.
- replace with (v): to remove somebody/something and put another person or thing in their place.
- inaugurate (v): to officially open a building or start an organization with a special ceremony.
Q3. Do you know any famous people in your area?
Answer 1- I live in a small village, And no famous people live in my town or near my home. However, I know some people from my town who connect with famous people like politicians and business people.
- connect with (v): to feel close to someone or have a good relationship with them.
- politician (n): a person whose job involves politics, especially as an elected member of parliament, etc.
Answer 2- In my area there are not many famous people, but there is one whom I know very closely. He is a bodybuilder, actually; I am also a gym freak person, so I was my mentor most of the time during I trained under him. Nowadays, he became a professional athlete and participated in the Olympic games, where he won a bronze medal. He is the only renowned personality in my hometown who makes me proud to live here.
- bodybuilder (n): a person who does regular exercises in order to make their muscles bigger and stronger.
Q4. Where do you like to go in your area?
Answer 1- As I said, all facilities are in my village. However, I like to spend my free time in the park situated outside of the town, it is a charming place. Village authority members maintain it very well. There are different types of children swing chairs, walking path and colorful flowers in the park.
- charming (adj): very pleasant or attractive.
- authority (n): the power to give orders to people.
Answer 2- My favourite place in this area is the international library. This library is prevalent not only in my hometown but also in other hometowns. Because of many reasons such as this library is an international library in which we can have books in many different languages even international ones. Regional ones apart from this library are open for public and prime users free of cost. Also, internet service is available 24/7. I love to spend most of my time here because I love to deal with books and Reading is my first preference during my free time.
- prevalent (adj): that exists or is very common at a particular time or in a particular place.
- prime (adj): main; most important; basic.
- deal with (phrasal verb): to take appropriate action in a particular situation or according to who you are talking to, managing, etc.
- preference (n): a greater interest in or desire for somebody/something than somebody/something else.
Q5. Do you like crowded places? Why?
Answer 1- I would not say I like the crowded place even I avoid going to a crowded place because I feel very suffocated and uncomfortable there.
- crowded (adj): having a lot of people or too many people.
- suffocated (adj): making it difficult to breathe normally.
Answer 2- Well, I do not like to go to crowded places, but on special occasions such as festivals and sale season, I never miss the chance to go to crowded places. On some places, I enjoy myself with my family and friends without any tension. Moreover, I get a chance to observe different people. Everything is slower that increases our patience level, but in some places like the bus stand and railway station, I have to be very careful about my belongings.
- tension (n): a situation in which people do not trust each other, or feel unfriendly towards each other, and that may cause them to attack each other.
Có thể nói, topic The area you live trong IELTS Speaking là dạng bài dễ ăn điểm nhất trong đề thi Speaking Part 1 nhưng bạn đừng vì thế mà chủ quan, không chú tâm luyện thi IELTS Speaking mà nên tận dụng topic này để nâng cao Band điểm IELTS Speaking của mình nhé!
Trên đây là một số cách trả lời hay về topic The area you live trong IELTS Speaking. Từ đó, bạn hãy chăm chỉ ôn tập để đạt được kết quả cao trong kì thi IELTS sắp tới.